Taking proper precautions helps to make sure your personal and financial information.
- Use a strong, unique password for each of your accounts. (Learn more about the password in “Password complexity requirements” document);
- Only download software or applications from well-known or reputable sources, such as Apple, Google Play or Microsoft;
- Install any operating system and software updates;
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services when you're not using them, and avoid using public Wi-Fi for financial transactions unless you use a secure, private connection, like VPN software;
- Back up your data regularly. If you use online or cloud storage, be sure you understand your provider's privacy and security policies and keep your access codes safe;
- Use the administrator log in on your home computer only for creating new users and installing software. Create standard user accounts for yourself and everyone in your family to limit your exposure.